BET Award Wrap-Up


I love when black people can come into a room and celebrate our accomplishments but, I am disappointed about the way it was executed in this year's BET Awards show.Particular moments I am speaking about goes as follows. Ving Rhames needs to work on his analogies. I love Lil Wayne and Drake but, if you know you can't play half of their song due to inappropriate content, either get another performer or they need to perform another song. And what was up with the tweens on stage dancing to a song saying I Wish I Could F**k Every Girl In The World...F**k them and your definitely catching a charge. Taraji P. Henson, I like her as well but, was a little ghetto tonight I would think an Oscar nominee would act a little more reserved and I was not feeling the hair. She needs to go back to her bob haircut it fit her better. But she was nothing compared to T.I. bay mother some might say fiance' we'll see...lol. She was Ghetto to the bone. I could not imagine what she is going to have to say in a show of her own. T.I. could do so much better. Don Cornelius needs to enunciate, I had no idea what he was saying for about a good 15 minutes. I appreciate the tribute they did to Michael Jackson. Alot, of people have came down on them about it, but they didn't understand what they had to do to get even what they had. Jackson died on Thursday and the show was on Sunday. And I must remind you these shows go through months of planning. So, by Thursday the show was probably already put together and they were going through rehearsals.Therefore, to do what they did with Jackson's song being played after every break, every artist saying their Michael Jackson memories, Janet speaking, and the Jamie Foxx and Ne-Yo performance (GREAT) was probably all they could do in such a little time and I appreciate their efforts. I just wish Chris Brown could have been there and said or performed something. I know he would have loved to do something in honor of his idol. BET Award show pros the Maxwell Performance, I missed Jay-Z but I heard his video went well, the O'Jays did their thing once they stopped speaking...lol. Shoutouts to Alicia Keyes and Wyclef Jean for the humanitarian work. I think the Maya Angelou quote Keyes used was beautiful and so true and finally Debra Lee looked beautiful as always. Since, this is a fashion blog and I haven't yet spoke on fashion I will a little bit Worst dressed Keyshia Cole the whole outfit was hideous. It looked like something a 12 year old would wear back in the late 90's the color did not work for her at all. The shoes were okay but, she butchered them because she could not walk in them at all. Then she is going to have the nerve to try to walk up some stairs. The Ordinary award goes to Beyonce. The dress is not my style but it worked well for her. My only complaint is it looks like something we have seen before, which is different for the usually innovative Mrs. Knowles or should we say Mrs. Carter. The best dressed in my opinion was Idris ( some people say eldris..just throwing that out there) Elba. He looked very dapper with his skinny tie and suit....and thats all for the BET Awards....Stay S.T.A.C!

No comments:

Post a Comment